One thing I have always struggled with as a person is talking about myself. I am not that interesting, super sarcastic, and have an ability to offend people without even trying. And just in case you were wondering, offending without trying takes real talent! I digress. However, as a blogger and a person you only know through the internet, I thought it was pretty significant that I share some unique facts. I am taking a moment to tell you some things about myself that you may or may not know.
20 Things You Didn’t Know About Me:
I want to know which of these shocked you the most. Comment below to let me know! 🙂
- I am one two and four kid families. When I am with my dad, I am the oldest, and there is my biological sister. When I am with my mom, I am the second oldest and have two additional brothers, one older and one younger. They are my stepbrothers, but I have kept them around long enough that I forget that they have that designation.
- I was the 2009 Student of the Year at my University. Don’t ask me how I pulled that one off because I didn’t even know I was nominated. I was literally told to show up at an awards show and look nice.
- I have been on three continents. (reside in North America, visited South America and Europe.) The sad part was that it was for work and I didn’t get to enjoy my adventures truly.
- My relationship statuses are a whirlwind. I have been proposed to four times, but only married once.
- I have had more nicknames than I can count during my life so far. Some of my favorites are Pistol, Love Doctor, Brick, Brooklynn, and some not so appropriate others.
- I was told by two doctors that I would not be able to have kids. Now I am the proud Momma to a beautiful girl and an adventurous little boy.
- My babies were born 18 months apart. If you are in the process of family planning, I do not recommend.
- I love thunderstorms and listening to the rain, especially when I can lay in bed and basque in it.
- After all of the traveling I have done, I would rather take a road trip than jump on a plane any day.
- I am a sucker for a new font. I cannot get enough .ttf and .oft files and store them in a cloud so I can access them from all of my computers.
- I have an art studio in my basement that is a happy place. I paint, craft, and get the creative juices flowing when I am down there. My daughter loves to share the space with me as well.
- I may or may not have broken into Faurot Field at Mizzou and laid on the 50-yard line.
- In my role as the best big sister in the world, I convinced my little sister that she was adopted because she didn’t look like either one of our parents. She has since admitted that this traumatized her.
- My nose was broken when I was in preschool and surgery was required to make sure it healed correctly. In a way, I had a nose job, but not one where I got to chose how I looked afterward.
- The wonderful decision, of getting tramp stamp was made when I was 17 years old. I have since had more than 20 hours completed, of a much larger tattoo, completed to cover the other up.
- I am a Daughter of the American Revolution and have documentation showing that I am related to Martha Washington, Edgar Allan Poe, and Merriweather Lewis.
- While going through my genealogy I discovered that my love of coffee is founded. I have Starbucks and Folgers in my family tree. Scouts Honor!
- You can find me outdoors in my free-time (hahaha what is that?). Fishing, camping, floating, bonfires, horseback riding… you name it, I love it.
- When I was little, I wanted to be a vigilante when I grew up.
- I truly believe there is nothing better than curling up on the couch with my kiddos when I get them back from their dad’s. I don’t care how many YouTube videos or cartoons I have to watch, having my sweetie pies with me is the best feeling in the world.